Welcome to CRITICARE 2020
Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine was established on 9th October, 1993, in Mumbai, India. It is the largest non-profit association of Indian Physicians, Nurses, Physiotherapists and other allied health care professionals involved in the care of the critically ill. ISCCM which was started with a small group of consultants, from Mumbai, is now having membership of 10131, comprising of 76 city branches all across the India with headquarter at Mumbai. ISCCM is committed for the promotion and advancement of intensive care as a specialty in India by facilitating education and training of physicians and nurses, setting best practice standards for the care of critically ill patients and their families and promoting research. The ultimate aim is to raise the level of critical care practice in the country and to develop future leaders in the field of critical care.
• Impart educational training by developing and running Post-graduate fellowship courses and diplomas in the field of critical care medicine.
• To publish scientific journals and literature to further the cause of the discipline. Setting up research projects in the field of critical care across the country.
• Formulating standards and guidelines for the organization and practice of intensive care to suit Indian conditions.
• Organizing national and international congresses and meetings. Providing basic training in intensive care for non-specialists.
• To seek affiliations and collaborations with national and international organizations of similar interests to achieve the objectives of the society.