The abstract must be written within 3000 words. Excluding title, and
the names of the author (s) and their institutions
The submitted abstracts must contain the following:
Objectives: State the main objective of the study
Materials and methods: Briefly describe the design of the study and how it was conducted
Results: Present the main results with appropriate statistics
Conclusion: Limit the conclusions to those that are directly supported by the results.
The title of the abstract must be typed in CAPITAL LETTERS with the exception of scientific names, which should be in upper and lower case forms and italicized.
The presenting author's name must be underlined
The presenting author's name, institution, address, telephone and email address must be provided.
Presenting authors must be registered for the conference. Only Registered delegates will be allowed to present.
a) First deadline of abstract submission will be 15th November 2018.
b) Second deadline for intimate delegates about their selection of abstract & to complete registration process will be 30th November 2018.
c) Third deadline for submission of top 5 full presentations of abstracts selected for HN will be 15th December 2018.
d) Fourth deadline for Submission of full & final selected presentations will be 30th December 2018.
It will be irrespective of oral or poster.
No abstract will be entertained after 30th December for selection, submission or presentation.
Presenting author shall be notified of the status of the abstract after being reviewed by the committee, by email. Authors selected for oral & poster presentation will be informed. Communication will only be made by email only on this regard. Hence including email address along with abstract is mandatory.
Registration for conference is not mandatory for abstract submission. However if abstract or paper gets selected, then only registration for the Conference is mandatory.
Your abstract will be scored on the following criteria:
» Scientific merit of the abstract.
» Adequate sample size and proper statistical analysis.
» Adherence to instructions, and.
» Originality of work
Young Talent Hunt Guidelines
ISCCM is committed for giving opportunity to young and new talent in CRITICARE 2019, Mumbai. We hereby invite online applications from our members to participate in Young Talent Hunt and to be a National Faculty at CRITICARE 2019, Mumbai. The members are required to upload their presentation on ISCCM website. Member should not have spoken/delivered lecture at previous ISCCM National Conferences.
1. Age < 35 years.
2. The member can select his/her topic for the presentation.
3. The member's presentation should not be more than 12 minutes.
4. The last date of Application is 15th October 2018.
5. The last date to upload the Presentation is 15th November 2018.
6. The eligible members may please log on to ISCCM website and upload their presentation for
Young Talent Hunt.
7. The conference secretariat will bear the expenses for your stay during conference only.
8. ISCCM center will pay for travel by II A/C.
9. All the presentations uploaded on the web site will be viewed and the best will be selected.
The selected members will be invited to speak at CRITICARE 2019, Mumbai.
E-POSTER PRESENTATION SPECIFICATIONS
• The E-poster will be displayed on standard 42” (Diagonal) LCD
• File format should be Powerpoint (.PPT)
• Total size of the presentation should not exceed 10-20 MB
• Maximum number of slides per E-poster: 3 or 5
• All slides should be in landscape format
• Animation/movies/sounds will not be supported; please submit in a static PPT format only
• The E-poster needs to be created as per the example format attached
a. Each slide title should be placed in a title placeholder
b. The text should include (most likely as separate elements of the poster) Introduction, Aim, Methods, Results, Conclusion and Acknowledgements
• The poster should be self explanatory. Text should be brief and well organized
• It is suggested that font size of the text should be at least 26 to 36 point. The typeface chosen should be a simple and clear one (e.g. Helvetica)
• The correct font size depend greatly on the fonts used in the ppt and the thumb rule should be that if its visible well on the computer screen it shall be visible on the E-Poster Display Screen.
• Color suggestions:
a. When using light backgrounds (white, yellow, light blue) we suggest using dark fonts (black, navy blue, dark green)
b. When using dark backgrounds (blue, purple) we suggest using light fonts (white, yellow, cyan)
c. Avoid using red or green in any fonts or backgrounds as they are colors that are difficult to read
• Illustrations/images/photographs used in the E-poster should be enlarged enough to show relevant details